Sunday, May 17, 2009

Have you ever regret...?

...not buying a toy that you probably won't see again?

Today I went to the local flea market. While looking around a table with various loose toys of GI Joes, TMNT, and other characters I do not recognize, I saw some Transformers, they were from Beast Wars. I saw a Rhinox and Tigatron, Tigatron was missing his tail and I wasn't sure if Rhinox was complete at that moment. I lingered for a while, and at the end, I left without them.

Beast wars was my first exposure to Transformers, but back then I didn't get the chance to buy these toys because the characters that I liked were never in stock, and I only saw shelf warmers that I didn't like. I only started getting the toys in the Transmetal series. Back then, I like only the Maximals; actually most of the toys I had (from any show) were the "Good guys". The characters that I remember most clearly are Optimus Primal, Cheetor, Tigatron, Rattrap, Rhinox, and Dinobot (although Dinobot belongs to both Maximals and Predacons depending on timeline of the series).

I am not totally sure why I didn't buy them even though I had a feeling that I would regret it if I didn't. They were at most a few bucks. But I guess it's the fact that I never bought used TF's. Another thing is that these were/maybe incomplete and I don't know if I'd ever complete them. At that time, I was thinking, hmmm maybe I should just check Ebay to get a complete one instead. Then I checked when I got home and the prices were pretty outrageous.

Anyways, next time I see another TF for cheap, I will definitely buy it so I won't regret it later.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I will go back and see if it's there next weekend! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro. something I learn thru my experience. It will reproduce again if it was that good. Especially Transformers. :)

    ReplyDelete