Thursday, August 4, 2011

Marvel Universe Iron Man 2020

Finally cracked opened these 2 Iron mans I got from last weekend's Toy Expo. I have already told myself that I am going to stop buying these Marvel Universe figures, but I am still a sucker for Iron man figures.

DSC_2530DSC_2528

The design of these two Iron mans are very futuristic.
DSC_2531

The paint apps on the IM 2020 seems cleaner than the other one. But the right IM has a new mold.
DSC_2532

The design of the IM 2020 is very familiar, in fact, it has the same mold as this earlier MU IM release, only with a few added armor pieces and a new face.
DSC_2537

As a result, this IM doesn't have a whole lot fo articulation since I think this older IM mold is from pretty early in the series.
DSC_2534

On the other hand, this new IM has some pretty amazing articulation for a MU. One thing that I am very impressed with is the ankle joints. The addition of the cut thighs and ankle joints introduces a whole bunch of possible poses with this figure, like this one.
DSC_2533

Seeing the improvement in articulation in these new MU figures have put some faith in me back in this line. With the re-introduction of Marvel Legends from Hasbro as showned in SDCC, I was pretty sure I was going to jump boat and go back to ML. But with all the upcoming releases for the MU line and these improvements in articulation, I might just have to stay on this ship afterall haha!

6 comments: