Thursday, March 4, 2010

The day has come...

...when I received my Iron Ring today. I've been looking forward to this day since I entered university, actually maybe even earlier than that since I knew I wanted to go into engineering since the start of high school if I remember correctly. I just didn't know about the Iron Ring until a friend told me about it in grade 11. But the day has finally come and I am proud to wear it on the pinky of my right hand (working hand). This ring marks the coming end of my university career, but it is just the start of my engineering career.

"The ring symbolizes the pride which engineers have in their profession, while simultaneously reminding them of their humility. The ring serves as a reminder to the engineer and others of the engineer's obligation to live by a high standard of professional conduct. It is not a symbol of qualification as an engineer - this is determined by the provincial and territorial licensing bodies." - (Original text by Camp No. 1, Toronto)

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATS J. You deserve it! Looks good too.

    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a moment I thought you getting married. LOL
    Congrats man. You have done it. Now earn some keep to earn another ring to have license to reproduce. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought same like LEon. lol...
    congrat tho dude

    ;-)P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!

    Even my lab's technician thought I got married today LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I thought you got married as well. You got us fooled there!

    ReplyDelete