Sunday, November 4, 2012

Caught the bug

This post was originally intended for sometime during the week, but I didn't get a chance to finish it that time. So let's spin the clock back a few days and let it roll...

After a long day at work last night, I feel like I needed some toy time, so I hit up the local K-mart to see what they have. I actually wanted to find the Mega Bloks Power Ranger Samurai blind packs, but no luck. I did end up grabbing all these though.

Mega Bloks + K'NEX

I think after getting those Kre-O Transformers blind packs, I am hooked. Before these, I never understood why collectors like these. But now I understand, it's mostly the mystery factor that's fun about these little guys. Although for me, I just grab one of each serial number I find to try and get the whole set. I can definitely see myself buying a lot more of these blind packs in the future haha

I am a sucker for translucent plastic on toys, so Iceman is my favourite in this set. Although I wish he came with some icicles to stand on too.
Mega Bloks Iceman

The funny thing is I grabbed one of each serial number I found and ended up with 9 packs. On the cover of the packs, there are 8 characters and one with a question mark on it. At the time I thought it was a mystery hidden figure. But now I understand that's just how the packaging is done LOL because I ended up getting two Sandmans.

I also really like the Stealth Spiderman, although I am not really sure what the rubber whip it came it is. I thought Spiderman used web?
Mega Bloks Stealth Spiderman and Sandman

The details on these little figures are pretty good. It's interesting how Mega Bloks decided to do with these guys. I like that instead of the Lego-style printed details, they actually went with molded details.
Mega Bloks Cyclops and Havok

Now I want to hunt down series 1 & 2 of these guys as well, that's just great!
Mega Bloks Mr. Fantastic and Silver Surfer

I also ended up grabbing two packs of K'Nex Mario Kart Wii figures. They only had two serial codes so I only ended up getting Mario and Diddy Kong. I really want the Bowser and Yoshi too.
KNEX Diddy Kong and Mario

Yup! I caught the bug for these blind-pack mini figures!

6 comments:

  1. These Blind Bag are like drugs at times! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know there were different serial numbers!! I got like four Spider-mans already. Now I have to pay attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember correctly, they on the edge on the back of the packaging. You can even find the codes for which ones you want online if you look.

      Delete
  3. Good to be home with gifts to pamper yourself. Adorable mini figures there and good thing you did have a lot of repeated figures. Guess the luck is there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I had the serial codes on my side so I didn't get any except for the 2 sandmans even though their codes were different. But that's not bad out of so many packs!

      Delete