Saturday, October 27, 2012

Shopping and Dinner

Decided to go do some toy hunting in the afternoon, I wasn't looking for anything specific, but just wanted to check out the toys in US. I first hit up a Target, the store looks like a Walmart we have in Canada, but the toy section was about 1.5 times the size of ours. I picked up a Hotwheels Pig car (from Angry Birds) and some more snacks for storage.

Then next I hit up a Toysrus and MAN OH MAN, the selection here is sooooooooooooo much bigger than the TRU's in Canada. I probably spent at least 30 minutes browsing the action figures section alone. I was thinking if I lived in US, I will impulse buy even more stuff LOL! It took a lot of control to not buy a bunch of stuff there. I actually had several items in my hand, but decided to put them down when I went to checkout. I ended up grabbing 6 blind-packs of Kre-O Micro Changers. I saw they had numbers on the bottom of the package and I happen to find all 6 different numbers so hopefully I will get the whole set. What's even better was when I paid for them, the total was under $10! (at $2.99 each). Turns out there was a sale for BOGO! I haven't seen a BOGO sale for several years already in the TRU back home. So that was a nice surprise!

Kre-O's and Pigs

Since I was quite a far distance from the hotel, I didn't want to go back after sun down because I am not familiar with the roads here. I am only getting around with a GPS, but I basically never used the GPS before so I am still getting used to it. So I decided to go grab dinner a little earlier. There were several places I put on my list of must-go places. I found another lobster places that had really good reviews this morning, it just so happen that my toy hunt lead me quite close to that place so lobster it was.

Here's a view from outside the place, the place wasn't really that big and it was packed so I didn't grab a picture of the inside. It is an interesting little diner type restaurant. Once I went in the front door, I saw that the place was divided into two sections. The left part was the diner and a small part on the right had fish, lobster and other sea creatures in large tanks. I saw people picking out huge lobsters and putting them into paper bags.
SS Lobster Ltd

The menu had many items from salmon, lobster, to swordfish and even alligator! The bad thing about myself is when there is such a large selection to choose from, I always end up ordering more than I can handle. I started off with a bowl of clam chowder and a small cup of ginger ale. The clam chowder was a bit watery than I prefer, but the taste was definitely the best I've had since I came here.

My remaining order came in less than 10 minutes after grabbing my seat. I ordered the Deep Fried Alligator Bites (I've never had Alligator before!) for my appetizer. They look like any fried piece of chicken, but once I sunk my teeth into them, I fell in love! The meat is more chewy than chicken and the taste is very distinct, I tried to think of something similar to it, but can't pinpoint any.

Deep Fried Alligator Bites

And for my main course, I had the Double Stuffed Lobster Roll. There must have been at least 20 pieces of lobster claw meat in this bun. The lobster was really fresh and tasted amazingly good, even better than the lobster I had in Barcelona. It was very juicy and tasted like it was just out of the water. Although I soon realized I have ordered way too much food for myself alone. Thankfully they have take-out trays so I took the leftovers back to the hotel and am munching on them as I am typing this right now. I hope I get a chance to go back to this place before I leave and go back to Canada!

Double Stuffed Lobster Roll

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha just looking at these pics makes me want to go back right now! I want some more alligator bites!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks desmond, it's really more work than holidays, but I've already gone to Europe for a week before this business trip so it's all good. I will blog about my experiences in Europe when I return home.

      Delete