Saturday, September 19, 2009

TF2: ROTF Wheelie

While browsing my usual "Go-to" sites today, I saw on tfw2005.com that some company is auctioning off the ROTF movie props. Then I see the picture of the radio-controlled ROTF Decepticon Wheelie. I remember a while back, after I watched the movie, I said that Wheelie was actually a Tamiya F350. But with this larger image, I can tell that it is in fact not the Tamiya model, but a "Wheely King" from HPI Racing with a Tamiya F350 body mounted on it. The chassis does look a bit different than the stock model because it seems to be upgraded with a variety of alloy components from what I guess to be Integy. I thought that was quite interesting since the Wheely King is probably where the inspiration of the name "Wheelie" came from.

(Click picture to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment