Saturday, January 17, 2009

Some new stuff...

First up, made a DIY lightbox from the foam cores I got from Michael's that was on sale ($1 a piece! Original price for these foam sheets are $5.99 each!)



And as you can see from the above picture, I got some new goodies! Found several of the new Marvel Universe figures from Hasbro at Walmart a few days ago. They are 3 3/4", same size as the G.I. Joes and Star Wars figures. I picked up the regular and the stealth version of Iron man. Details are really nice on them and from the looks of them, the articulation is not bad either (haven't open them yet).

Next is a CLK-DTM Vodafone AMG-Mercedes Autoscale from Kyosho, these are body sets for my RC Mini-Z's. More pics of it tomorrow.

Lastly, a Revoltech Tetsujin-28! Always been a fan of this guy, the local hobby shop owner lend me the anime series on DVD, but I didn't have time to watch it. This guy is just awesome! I played with it a lot and took a bunch of pics of him. But because of my new setup, I forgot to properly set the white balance, so all the pics went to the garbage can. Will redo photo session and write a review of it tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. great haul bro...what's the size of the ironmen??? 5 inch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wished i have that kind of light box... :( I'm so jealous. Nice score bro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    @Joshua: The Marvel Universe series are 3 3/4", just like G.I. Joes!

    The lightbox is simple enough to make. Just get 5 pieces of foam sheets and tape them together haha! Works pretty good too for $5!

    ReplyDelete