Saturday, December 1, 2012

Little figures

Hit up a Toysrus today since I haven't been to one after coming back from Boston. The first thing I noticed when I walked into our good old Canadian Toysrus is that it's very small compared to the two Toysrus I went to in Boston. I was actually seeing if they had any SLUG zombies since I am addicted to those things but getting them shipped from the states make them not worth it because the price becomes out of the range I am willing to pay for them. Unfortunately I couldn't find any of them.

I did end up getting my first pack of Minimates and a pair of blind packed Playmobil figures. I also got another pack of Mega Bloks Mario Kart figure, but then I just got another Yoshi figure.

Love the colors on this guy...
JCH_8700

I am really impressed with the quality of these Playmobil blind pack figures. I actually only become interested in these after seeing LEon over at Open the Toy review them. Out of all the blind packs in this price range, I think these ones are the best value and quality. I will definitely be picking up some more of these!
JCH_8701

The blog that influenced me to finally pick up my first set of Minimates is Why Did I Buy That Toy?. I always see Minimates reviews on this blog and I was curious about them so I decided to finally check them out and I was not disappointed!

I really liked that Akuma came with the purple flame, really adds to the whole look. I will probably pick up more Minimates in the future, but only specific characters.
JCH_8702

I saw this Minimates MODOK and I knew I had to have it, he looks so cute! I am surprised these Minimate figures come with clear effect parts too.
JCH_8703

3 comments:

  1. Loving these new pictures of yours JC that new lens you got is a dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey jboy, thanks man! This new lens is really bringing back a lot of the fun in toy photography for me. Before I always wanted to get these shots but was limited by my other lenses, I am soo glad I finally got a macro lens at last.

      Delete
  2. "will only pick up certain characters" Haw Haw! :D Good Luck with that- welcome to the MiniMate obsession! I love those Playmobil- really nice! That conga player is so much fun- I'm a drummer, ya know...

    ReplyDelete