Sunday, February 1, 2009

One of my RC treasures...

A RC10T by Team Associated released in 1993. This is the Team version of the original RC10T released in 1991. Major changes include optional hard anodized shocks, bearings, and universal swingshafts. The T in its name stands for truck since it is based on the RC10 buggy that was released in 1984.

There are a lot of them on Ebay all the time, but they are usually beat up since these were meant to be raced. Not to mention the white parts tend to get the old yellowing effect throughout the years. So finding one in mint condition is rare, and even then it won't be cheap.

I just love vintage RC's, I love checking out the engineering of them and reflect on how they evolved into the racing machines we have now. But to me, the vintages just have more "character" than the current trucks. Right now I can't even tell which one is which since they all look the same to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment