Friday, April 22, 2011

Spawn haul

Funny how I came upon this loot really, since I got all these from my hairdresser's husband. I've known them for years and have always gone to them for my haircut. Every time I am there, I always chat a lot with her husband because he is into gaming and a lot of other interesting hobbies. Almost every time I visit them, he has a new hobby LOL! He knew about my radio control stuff, but collecting toys never came up for some reason until recently. He was surprised then he said, "I gotta show you this then!". Then low and behold, he showed me his action figures collection LOL! All his stuff were MISB. He told me he used to buy them when he was a kid, but he just kept them MISB because he didn't have the room to display them in. After going over all his figures that were not deep in storage (he still have tons of stuff in bags under his staircase), he asked if I would be interested in taking them off his hands for a good price since he doesn't do anything with them anymore and now he also has their newborn daughter to take care of. And what did I say? Hell ya!!! 

I didn't have that much cash on me at that time so we decided to deal next time I go for a haircut. So today I went for the most expensive haircut I've ever gotten, but I got some free figures with the deal as well LOL (these were just some of them, I couldn't get them all because I still have to pay for my new toy coming on Tuesday haha)

Can't wait for my next haircut!

DSC_1289

12 comments:

  1. Pretty dang cool congrats. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. the series 1 of Mandarin Spawn! That is a GEM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! It's always these sorta special finds that makes me all giddy inside haha!

    LEon, do you collect Spawn figures as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I collected them series the 1st spawn in the early 1990s but along the way I sold and gave away some and today I only have a handful with me. My Redeemer is one of those that I kept it with me. I do have 2 more spawns with me today which one fine day I will blog about them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. woow a bunch of nitro riders :)

    is it for free ??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya I remember seeing your Redeemer recently. These spawn figures are amazing in detail, really want to open them and take some pics of the sculpts...but they look sooo goood in the packaging lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. @RiP666: The nitro-riders are some awesome pieces! And haha no, I didn't get them for free. But they were a good enough deal that I decided to add them to my collection since I don't normally collect Spawn stuff. I've always liked Spawn figures, love them for their attention to details, but they are just lacking in articulation. Although after getting these figures, I do have several other ones that I am looking to add to my collection as well haha! Man! Like I need another line to collect now!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I won't "seduce" you to open them bro. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll probably end up opening them after I open up some more display room. Right now it's just impossible for me to open anymore toys unless I want to start displaying them in the washroom LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

    Thanks!

    Joel Houston
    JHouston791@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice !!
    love your site very much !! :)

    www.nizadelicious.com

    follow u :)

    ReplyDelete