Saturday, August 2, 2014

Some aerial photography

Some of you might know that flying is part of my job. I am not the one that's doing the actual flying, but I need to test certain equipment in what we called "Flight tests". Usually these are not very interesting since we fly over typical forests/trees which all look the same from above. But this recent one, we changed our flight path a little and flew over a lake to the north of our location instead. Before this, I always thought it was just some boring lake and nothing special. But after seeing it from above, it's actually quite beautiful! Since it is probably my last flight since it's my last month here, I brought my DSLR with me and snapped some of these shots...enjoy!

On our way...
ANI_2539

Usually the view is just like this.
ANI_2542

But this time...there's the lake!
ANI_2550

A small island in the middle of the lake.
ANI_2567

Did some sharp turns to get these pretty rad shots.
ANI_2563

ANI_2575

ANI_2595

ANI_2607

ANI_2599

This will be one of the many things I will miss when I go back to school...
ANI_2556

3 comments: