Monday, November 11, 2013

Alexander

This is Alexander from Code Geass: Akito the Exiled. I actually don't know anything on this character/robot. When I saw the promo pictures, it looked so cool that I just had to have it. Funny thing was when this item was released on Amiami (I preordered it on there), they updated the product pictures with something that looks very different from the promo pictures. In the promo pics, the white was a lot more brighter than this one, the new pics showed a more yellowish white. The figure also had less details than the original promo pics. Seeing this, I contacted Amiami to ask if I can cancel the order for this figure because it looked so different from the original pics (which was up when I preordered it). Unfortunately, Amiami did not allow me to cancel it, so I reluctantly paid for it and received it several weeks later.

Since I was busy with cycling and motorcycling in the summer, I didn't really check this toy out until now. Fortunately, I have to say that I am glad I got the figure in the end. The color wasn't off, it was just the pictures from Amiami had a wrong white balance setting making the white look yellow (I actually just had to go back to my picture and adjust the white balance on it too). Hmm interesting note, I just checked Amiami's site and it looks like they've corrected the white balance on their set of pictures too.

It came with TONS of parts like his guns, hand blades, and the coolest part is he can "transform" (not like Transformers, more like parts swapping) into this weird creepy but awesome looking insect robot thingamajig. The figure is extremely articulated which makes posing it a blast.

But for today, I will only show a picture of its humanoid robot mode...more to come tomorrow!
Alexander

1 comment: