Saturday, August 24, 2013

[Sword Art Online] figma Asuna

Just received this figure several days ago and finally opened it today. It's Asuna from Sword Art Online (SAO). SAO is one of my favourite anime so far. To be honest, I am a newbie to anime. I only really started several months ago when my PC caught on fire (literally! Because the connection to my hard drive shorted out) and I was without a computer for a while. Then I subscribed to Crunchyroll to watch anime on my PS3 and that basically the start of it all!

[Sword Art Online] figma Asuna

[Sword Art Online] figma Asuna

[Sword Art Online] figma Asuna


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha ya that's one of the reason why I wanted this figure.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of the character or the anime she's from, but Figma always makes cool figures. It looks like they sculpted her hair so it doesn't get in the way too much of her head movement, is that so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, the back piece of hair is actually a separate piece with a joint on top of her head. It is only really visible if you look on the back so they really did a good job hiding the joint here.

      Delete
  3. Different face plates to change..good deal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's one of my favourite features from Japanese import figures. Most of them have different facial expressions to play with.

      Delete
  4. Ah SAO series. Did you get the guy also? How did you take her in the dark background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I have Kirito too, going to open it tonight.

      The black "background" is just the room without lights on. Because I use only 2 lights to light the figure from both sides in front, it gives the look of black background. I think it's probably the easiest way to achieve this look without spending extra $$ and no PS work.

      Delete
  5. I didn't buy this Figma version but a friend had passed his to me for review. I had mine fix-posed figure.

    ReplyDelete